— SPONSORED CONTENT —
‘WHERE THE FUN BEGINS’
You don’t have to be a boater to enjoy Causeway Cove Marina
One thing you’ll quickly realize when visiting Causeway Cove Marina for the first time: You don’t have to own a boat to enjoy the ambience, amenities and activities at this marina, RV resort, and premier event venue on the Treasure Coast.
Conveniently located right off the Intracoastal Waterway at the base of Fort Pierce’s South Bridge at 601 Seaway Drive, Causeway Cove Marina offers guests breathtaking views of the Indian River Lagoon.
“We’re much, much more than a marina,’’ says longtime manager Harold H. “Buzz’’ Smyth, who has spent most of his life living or coming to Fort Pierce. “It is the positive and vibrant dedication and compassion of our staff and the unconditional support of the owner that creates a smooth, casual and sophisticated atmosphere customers and tenants thrive to be around.
“Causeway Cove Marina has many activities that most people don’t even know,’’ Smyth said. ”We’ve been told by many guests that we are the best-kept secret on the Treasure Coast.’’
Smyth said the owner has a vision for the 43-acre property to someday be a first-class destination resort.
“We started with the marina and have created a fun, attractive casual retreat for young and old to enjoy and, combined with our vision, will be a complement to how wonderful Fort Pierce is.’’
Causeway Cove Marina features 198 wet slips, 11 mooring balls, and 20-plus boat lifts that accommodate boats of all sizes.
And for those who prefer the RV lifestyle, Causeway Cove Marina, with its nautically themed kiosks and street lamps, has 10 90-foot pull-throughs with all hookups — water, sewer and cable.
And if you’re looking for a quick getaway right on the Treasure Coast, Smyth recommends booking the Dockmasters Quarters — the “sexiest’’ two-bedroom, one-bath Airbnb right on/in the water with an observation loft.
And it’s conveniently located next to “The Wet Whistle’’ full-service bar. Enjoy your favorite drink on the patio featuring an awning with motorized louvers.
Causeway Cove Marina also has you covered with events and activities held throughout the year. Here are just a few Smyth has highlighted:
• Major events: “We can accommodate up to 3,000 people, 140 venders, 1,600 cars on site and having 90,000 watts of power available.’’
• “Dancin’ in the Street”: “Our monthly party is for marina guests and locals to commingle and enjoy adult fun. Bring a dish for the potluck and be part of the festivities.’’
• Salty’s Water Sports: “Get excited about jet-skiing! Chosen as the national marketing location for Sea-Doo.’’
• Treasure Coast Boat Rentals: Pontoon boats are available for rental every day.
• Treasure Coast Park & Watch: “Experience old-time drive-in theatre movies by tuning to 87.9 FM on your car radio.’’
• Karaoke: “Held the first Thursday of every month, it’s total fun.’’
• Treasure Coast Helicopters: “Come take a ride in a helicopter for a breathtaking bird’s-eye view of our paradise.’’
• Cruisin’ Tiki: “It’s so much fun to be on this floating tiki bar while cruising the blue water of Florida while also enjoying your favorite cocktail.’’
• Savage Pursuit Fishing Charters: “Brian is awesome and you are sure to catch fish.’’
• Miss Fort Pierce: Reef fishing with Scott Gold as your skipper, leaving the dock daily as weather permits.
• Sail La Vie Boat Tours: See dolphins, spoil islands and the cove while cruising the Intracoastal Waterway.
• Island bikes: “Available for rent or sale, electric power bikes are a great way to get around and save the environment.’’
• Paddle Florida: A self-use app that allows you to paddle board anytime, day or night.
• The “Sandwich Factory” food trailer: “Their food is excellent; I highly recommend it.’’
“Come and be part of ‘Where the Fun Begins’ just over the bridge,’’ Smyth says. “Let us exceed your expectations and welcome you to Fort Pierce and South Florida.’’
For more information on the aforementioned activities as well as many other events held throughout the year, visit causewaycove.com or call 772.242.3552.
Causeway Cove Marina
601 Seaway Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34949
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday
Position: Latitude: 27.4591/Longitude: -80.313341
Sept. 27, 2023