DATEBOOK Summer 2021
Because events can change and some stop for the summer, contact the event host or visit its website to be sure the event is still on and times have not changed. Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines must be
followed, including social distancing and wearing of face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. Theaters have made accommodations for safety guidelines. For specifics, call the theater or visit its website.
• Art Gallery Exhibits: All year at the MIDFLORIDA
Credit Union Event Center, Port St.
• Grand Central – Stickwork sculpture by
Patrick and Sam Dougherty. A walk-through,
one-of-a-kind woven stick creation with
arches and walls. McKee Botanical Garden,
Vero Beach. All year. 794.0601
• The Lure of Florida Fishing – Elliott Museum,
Stuart. This showcases the rich history,
evolution and art of this age-old sport and its
impact on a local and statewide scale. Explore
vintage, as well as state-of-the-art, equipment,
mounts, sculpture, and handcrafted
lures for fresh and saltwater fishing. See what
you can reel in on a fishing simulator and pose
for your photo-op. Through May 31. Phone:
Please call or visit the websites of the below
venues to see if events are on or canceled. Note
that some venues have updated their websites
to reflect closures; some have not.
• Farmers’ Market and Jazz Market Arts and
Crafts – Melody Lane, downtown Fort Pierce.
Farmers’ Market 8 a.m.-noon; Jazz Market 8
a.m.-1 p.m. Live jazz at the gazebo, November
through April. 940.1145
• Farmers Market Oceanside – Ocean Drive at
Humiston Park, Vero Beach. Year round. 8 a.m.
to noon. 410.8376
• Behind the Scenes Tours – St. Lucie
County Aquarium, Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Call first.
• Square Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie, 6 p.m. Call before going.
• Sunset Saturday Nights – In front of Humiston
Park, Vero Beach, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Bring
a chair. Suspended until Oct. 9 and Nov. 13.
Visit www.facebook.com/verobeachoba for
updates. Call first. 532.7983
• Woodcarvers Workshop – Walton Road
Community Center, Port St. Lucie. Call before
going. 8 a.m.-noon. 359.8565
• Pontoon Boat Trips – Environmental Learning
Center, Wabasso, various times. Go to
discoverelc.com and click pontoon boat rides
to see if this is on. Reserve by calling 589.5050
• Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club –
Clubhouse at 273 Becker Road. Ever-changing
layout with trains in action, open for public
viewing, free, 10 a.m.-noon. Best to call first.
• Vintage Market and Green Market – 14th
Avenue and 20th Street, Vero Beach, 9 a.m.-4
• Cars and Coffee – Elliott Museum parking
lot, Stuart, 8-10 a.m. Go to hsmc-fl.com or call
225.1961 for more information.
• Community Garage Sale – Minsky Gym,
Darwin Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, 8 a.m.-noon.
Call first. 344.4142
• New Tradition Market – The Landing, Tradition,
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• St. Lucie Green Market, St. Lucie West – In
parking lot near Bob Evans Restaurant, 1855
SW Fountainview Blvd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Stuart Green Market – City Hall parking lot,
Flagler Street, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit Stuartgreenmarket.
org or call 233.0297 for more
• Tradition Green Market – The Landing shopping
center, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. except July in the
Tradition community, western Port St. Lucie.
Call first. 359.1462
• Music at the Mansion – Jensen Beach. The
Mansion at Tuckahoe is in Indian RiverSide
Park. Bring lawn chairs. Live music, food and
beverages for sale, activities for kids. Call
288.5690 to see if this is on.
• Jensen Beach Art League Show – Elliott
Museum, Nov.-April, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Call first.
• One-Stop Garage Sale – MIDFLORIDA Credit
Union Event Center parking garage, 9:30-1:30
• Line Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. Call 370.1732 to see if
this is on.
• Farm to Fork – Green market at Treasure
Coast Research Park, Fort Pierce, 3-6 p.m. Call
• Woodcarvers Workshop – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. 8 a.m.-noon. Call
359.8565 to see if this is on.
Every Other Tuesday
• Jazz – Sunrise Theatre Black Box Theatre,
Fort Pierce Jazz and Blues Society. November-
January; April-May, 7-10 p.m. 460.5299
• Jazz – Fort Pierce Yacht Club – June 15 and
29; July 13 and 27; Aug. 17 and 31; Sept. 14
and 28; and Oct. 12 and 26, 7-9 p.m. 460.5299
• St. Lucie County Aquarium’s Smithsonian
Exhibit of saltwater marine life in native habitat
– This is the once-a-month free admission
day. Call to see if this is on. 462.3474
• Sunset Concerts at the Gallery – Martin
Courthouse Cultural Center. See MartinArts.
org for updates. September through June,
5:30 p.m. Call: 287.6676
• Immersion Tour of Harbor Branch Oceanographic
Institute – North of Fort Pierce. 10:30
a.m.-noon. Limited to 12 people. Call for
update on when this will resume. Reservations
• Green Market and Food Co-op – Marina
Square, Fort Pierce, 12-6 p.m. Call 971.8480
for update on when this will resume.
• Guided Tour of History Exhibits – Elliott
Museum, Stuart, 11 a.m., meet at front desk.
Visit hsmc-fl.com for more information or call
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Fort Pierce Inlet opening, Saturday,
May 8, at 10 a.m., with a Boat Parade and Blessing of the Fleet. Events
start with a flag-raising and prayer service at the Smithsonian Boat Ramp
followed by the Blessing of the Fleet at 11:30 a.m. There is a blessing on
the Summerlin dock for jet skis and kayaks. To join the boat parade, meet
at the turning basin, 11:30 a.m. Decorating the boat to reflect the history is
encouraged. Barbecue after the blessings at St. Lucie Regional History Museum,
Seaway Drive. For more information see facebook.com/lovetheinlet.
225.1961 to see when this will resume.
• Volunteer Gardening Day – Heathcote
Botanical Gardens, Fort Pierce, 9 a.m.-noon.
Check heathcotebotanicalgardens.org for
more information. 464.4672
First and Third Wednesday
• Tour of Historic Mansion of Tuckahoe – North
end of Indian RiverSide Park in Jensen Beach.
September through May, 10 and 11 a.m. Call
463.3201 to see if this is on before going.
Every Other Wednesday
• Jazz Jam Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society –
Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 6:30-9:30
p.m., except for January, February and March.
Visit jazzsociety.org or call 337.1959 for more
• Indian River Lagoon Research Tour – via
pontoon boat, Jan.-April, hosted by Harbor
Branch Oceanographic Institute – North
of Fort Pierce, 10 a.m.-noon. For dates and
reservations, call 242.2293.
• Jammin’ Jensen – downtown Jensen Beach,
6-9:30 p.m. 334.3444
• Line Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. Please call first.
• River Nights – Westmoreland Park, 2140 SE
Westmoreland Blvd., 5:30-8:30 p.m., October
through April. Tranquil evening overlooking
the St. Lucie River. Enjoy the fire, live musical
entertainment, cash bar, food available for
purchase. Free, all ages welcome. 878.2277.
• Book Club – McKee Botanical Garden,
Vero Beach, 11 a.m., January through April.
• Behind the Scenes Tour of Smithsonian
Research Station – South Hutchinson Island,
Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Suspended temporarily. Call
for updates. Registration required: 462.3474
or 465.3271 or online: http://tinyurl.com/
Rock’n Riverwalk – downtown Stuart on the
river, 1-4 p.m. Check before going https://
• Friday Fest – Downtown Fort Pierce, 5:30-9
p.m. Call 466.3880 for rain date or to see if
• First Friday Gallery Strolls – Old Downtown
Vero Beach, 5-8 p.m. Call first. 643.6782
• The Creek District First Friday Art Walk –
Downtown Stuart just south of Confusion
Corner. Stroll and visit local businesses that
are hosting artists, artisans and performers
and holding open house. Refreshments, free
samples, demos. 5-9 p.m.
• Coffee with PSL City Council – Port St.
Lucie Community Center, 8:30 a.m. Call first.
• Lunch and Learn – Manatee Center, Fort
Pierce, noon. 429.6266
• Coffee with the Mayor of Fort Pierce – Fort
Pierce Yacht Club, Veterans Memorial Park, 8
a.m. Call first to see if this is on or if it will be
done as a virtual meeting. 466.3880
• Art Walk – Visit downtown Fort Pierce galleries
on Second Street and the Peacock Arts
District, 5-8 p.m.
• Coffee with St. Lucie County Commission
Chairman – SLCTV studio, Room 101, County >>