Performances and events may be abruptly canceled. Please call or visit the websites of the below venues to see if events are on, changed or canceled.
Although we can’t promise to have every event in here, we have many of them. Not responsible for errors or omissions.
• Art Gallery Exhibits: All year at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, through May 4: photography
Some events go on hiatus for 1 to 4 months between June and October. Call to be sure the event you want is on.
• Behind the Scenes Tours – St. Lucie County Aquarium, Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Call first, 462.3474.
• Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club – Clubhouse at 273 Becker Road. Ever-changing layout with trains in action, open for public viewing, free, 10 a.m. to noon. Call first, 621.9636.
• Community Garage Sale – Minsky Gym, Darwin Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, 8 a.m. to noon. Call first, 344.4142.
• New Tradition Market – The Landing, Tradition, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tradition Neighborhood Market – Farmers Market and Arts and Crafts, 9 a.m.-.2 p.m. [winter] and 1 p.m. [summer], SW Village Parkway at The Landing across from Michaels and Target. For more information, visit Traditionneighborhoodmarket.com or call 828.0188.
• Folk Jam – Savannas Preserve State Park, 3-4:30 p.m. Bring an instrument or just come and listen. Held on the porch at the education center, Walton Road. Must call first, 398.2779.
• One-Stop Garage Sale – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center parking garage, 9:30- 1:30 p.m. 344.4142
• Sundaes on Sunday – Live music and sundaes at Tradition Gazebo, 5-7 p.m. See Tradition events calendar.
• Special Populations Meet-up – Sportsman’s Park, ages 5-10, for structured and free play. There is a fee of $8 per person but payments can’t be accepted at the park. Must register online or in person at Minsky Gym first. 344.4142
• St. Lucie County Aquarium’s Smithsonian Exhibit of saltwater marine life in living native habitat – This is the once-a-month free admission day. This is also beach cleanup day for volunteers who want to participate from 8 to 10 a.m. 462.3474
• Bonsai Collection Tour – Tour the extensive James Smith Bonsai collection at Heathcote Botanical Gardens, Fort Pierce, 2-4 p.m. November-May. 464.4672
• St. Lucie Aquarium – Feeding Frenzy Tours, April-December at 10:30 a.m. 462.3474
• Fin-Tastic Feeding – Fish feeding at Manatee Observation Center, Fort Pierce, noon. 429.6266
• River Nights – Veterans Park at Rivergate, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Free, all ages welcome; bring a chair. Event runs October through April. 878.2277
• Tradition Food Trucks & Vendors – Tradition Square, 5-9 p.m., bring a chair. 878.0188
• Coffee with Port St. Lucie City Council – Port St. Lucie Community Center, 8:30 a.m. Call first, 871.5219.
• Tradition Food Trucks & Vendors – Tradition Square, 5-9 p.m., bring a chair. 878.0188
• Coffee with St. Lucie County Commission Chairman – SLCTV studio, Room 101, County Administration Building, Fort Pierce, 8:30 a.m. 462.1400
• International Food Festival – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Dine on foods from Italy, Japan, Mexico, Jamaica and more. Cultural performances from 2:15 to 7 p.m. Inside: interactive booths and an international fashion display and art exhibition, 2-9 p.m. 807.4488
• Tree Give-away – Port St. Lucie will give away a variety of trees at a drive-thru event, no walk-ups allowed. Trees will be placed into resident vehicles by city staff on a first-come, first-served basis. For Port St. Lucie residents only, this giveaway is at Public Works, Thornhill location, 8-10 a.m. 871-5103
• Port St. Lucie Home Show - MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Meet professionals who can talk about the latest ideas for home improvement. Enjoy wall-to-wall displays and exhibits, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday. 807.4488
• Tradition’s World Fair Street Party - Port St. Lucie. Food from around the world, cultural booths, live music and dances, 4-9 p.m. 828.0188
Note: Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is not hosting any festivals or holiday events through the end of 2023 due to construction in the adjacent park.
• Bacon & BBQ Festival and Fall Craft Fair– MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Browse through craft booths but save room for bacon made multiple ways, along with helpings of tasty barbecue, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 807.4488
• Neighborhood Scarecrow Competition – Port St. Lucie. The competition ends Oct. 20. The best scarecrow will be announced at the McCarty Ranch Preserve bonfire and hayride on Saturday, Oct. 21. 878.2277
• Anxiety Reduction: Healthy U – Port St. Lucie Community Center. Learn to cope, 6:30 p.m. Must register: 878.2277.
• Newbreed Ultimate Challenge – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Newbreed Jiu Jitsu Federation competition, no time is listed. For tickets: Visit newbreedbjj.com or call 864.609.4555.
INDIGENOUS PEOPLES’ DAY [COLUMBUS DAY]
• Special Populations Dance – ages 15+ at Port St. Lucie Community Center. Snacks and drinks provided. The fee is $5 per person, caregivers free. 878.2277
• Spirit Fest – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. The largest, long-running metaphysical holistic and wellness expo in Florida with 65-70 booths, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. 807.4488
• Fall Festival – Sunlight Community Church, St. Lucie West. Carnival rides, bounce house, face painting, petting zoo, live music, 4-7 p.m. No phone number given.
• A Celebration of America – Port St. Lucie Community Band plays a rich tapestry of music and culture at McAlpin Theatre, IRSC, 7 p.m. 462.4750
• Alabama Story – In 1959, the Deep South was swirling with political tension and social change, Pineapple Playhouse, south Fort Pierce, 7 p.m. 465.0366
• Harvest Bonfire and Hayride – McCarty Ranch Preserve, 12323 Range Line Road, Port St. Lucie. Walk the jack-o-lantern trail with more than 200 hand-carved pumpkins. Bring chairs to this free event. Winners of the neighborhood scarecrow competition will be announced, 2-8 p.m. 878.2277
• Alabama Story – In 1959, the Deep South was swirling with political tension and social change, Pineapple Playhouse, south Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. 465.0366
• Jewelry, Rock, and Gem Show – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Enjoy this annual event filled with rocks, gems, and jewelry pieces on display, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday. 807.4488
• Treasure Coast Business Summit – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, Port St. Lucie, 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. For details, call 807.4488.
• Fall Fun Fest – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Celebrate the return of autumn with a three-day event featuring live music, a carnival, food vendors and trick-or-treating on the Street of Treats. Event is family friendly. Be sure to bring a chair. Food and drink are available for purchase, but the event is free, 5-10 p.m. on Friday; noon to 10 p.m., Saturday; and 1-6 p.m., Sunday. Call to learn the day for the Street of Treats. 878.2277
• Alabama Story – In 1959, the Deep South was swirling with political tension and social change, Pineapple Playhouse, south Fort Pierce, 7 p.m. Friday; 2 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. 465.0366
• Alabama Story – In 1959, the Deep South was swirling with political tension and social change, Pineapple Playhouse, south Fort Pierce, 7 p.m. on Friday; 2 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. 465.0366
• Caribbean Food & Music Festival – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Food, live music, a variety of arts and crafts vendors, possibly noon to 10 p.m. Call to check time, 807.4488.
Daylight Savings Time ends. Turn clocks back one hour.
• Memory Screening – Free memory screening at the Port St. Lucie Community Center, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., free. This is the final date for 2023. Make your appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 561.374.8461, ext. 1181.
• River Nights – At Veterans Park at Rivergate. Bring your chair and enjoy a night under the stars while listening to music. Food and drinks are available for purchase. 878.2277
• Health Fair and Business Expo – Council on Aging, 2501 SW Bayshore Blvd., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. No phone number given.
• Music of the Kings of Swing – for dancing by the Ambassadors of Swing at MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, 7-9 p.m. 807.4488
• Concert - MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. No details available at deadline in August. For information, call the box office at 807.4488.
• An Elegant Affair – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Hosted by the Rising Up From Silence Foundation to support victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Contact RUFSfoundation.com for details.
• Golden Years Senior Dance – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Call to be sure the dance is on. 807.4499
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever – Hilariously heartwarming holiday adventure with unexpected results, Pineapple Playhouse, Friday, 7 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 2 p.m. 465.0366
• Festival of Lights – a holiday celebration at MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Annual event with the Parade of Lights and the lighting of the tree! Songs and dances, music, fun photo opportunities, fireworks, a carnival, and shopping at vendor booths. Starts at 2 p.m. ends at 10 p.m. For questions about what this year’s event offers visit the city’s website at www.cityofpsl.com or call 807.4488.
• Christmas Tree Lighting at Tradition – Beautiful lights, laser show, live music, artisans, food trucks, 6 p.m. for lighting the tree; event is from 3-7 p.m. For changes from last year see www.traditionfl.com/events.
• Depression and Holiday Stress: Healthy U – Port St. Lucie Community Center, 6:30 p.m. Register: 878.2277.
• Holiday Joy – Port St. Lucie Community Band at IRSC McAlpin Theatre, featuring the magic and merriment of the holidays, 7 p.m. 462.4750
PEARL HARBOR DAY
• River Nights – Get away from the holiday rush by attending the free River Nights at Veterans Park at Rivergate. Bring your own chair and watch the stars while listening to music. Food and drink available for purchase, 5:30-8:30 p.m. 878.2277
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever – Hilariously heartwarming holiday adventure with unexpected results, Pineapple Playhouse, south Fort Pierce; Friday 7 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 2 p.m. 465.0366
• Port St. Lucie in Lights – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Holiday festivities plus an hour concert featuring Forever Motown presenting A Holiday Celebration. This is a world-class vocal group including past and present members of Motown’s most legendary groups: The Temptations, The Marvelettes, and The Spinners. Decked out with lights, this event is a great backdrop for holiday family photos, from 5:30-9 p.m. 807.4488
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever – Hilariously heartwarming holiday adventure with unexpected results, Pineapple Playhouse, south Fort Pierce; Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 2 p.m. 465.0366
NEW YEAR’S EVE
• New Year’s Eve in the Square – at Tradition, Port St. Lucie. Details at www.traditionfl.com/events.
• Lego Show Brick Universe – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center. Exhibit of Lego works of art by many artists plus a chance to make your own. See details at https://tinyurl.com/PSLLego. 807.4488
Port St. Lucie Magazine is not responsible for errors, omissions or schedule changes. Please check with the facility before attending any event.
Sept. 5, 2023